Course author: Ben Thompson
Course Starts: Immediately
As a creative, the legal side of starting and running a business can feel overwhelming, confusing, and intimidating. But, a solid understanding of this nuanced topic can be the difference between a well-organized and successful business, and a business that never makes it off the ground.
Building a business in compliance with the law comes with a series of complexities. Whether filing taxes or hiring, entrepreneurs must understand various laws to avoid major bottlenecks and potential penalties. This course will help you better understand the laws that apply to your creative work and business and how to prepare for the legal decisions in business.
You will learn learn the key, foundational topics that will come up in your business, so you can confidently direct your company, employees, and business relationships.
You will learn how to protect your art and intellectual property to define your brand and secure your spot in the industry.
Together, we will cover important aspects of starting or running a creative business, including how to set up companies, how to create essential contracts for your business, and how to legally hire and employ a team.
This course includes:
- 8 hours of on-demand video lectures
- 8 weeks access
By the end of the course you will have:
- A foundational understanding of the law and how it applies to your creative business.
- An understanding of the various contract types you may use as a business owner.
- An understanding of the types of legal entities and which is best suited for your business.
- An understanding of liability in business and how to protect yourself and your business.
- A solid understanding of copyright and how to protect your creative work.
- An understanding of the laws surrounding employment and hiring a team.