We are looking for the next Latina mogul-in-the-making, and we've partnered with Eva Longoria, America Ferrera and a few other folks to help us find her.
First, some stats--courtesy of our friends at Support Latino Business:
- Latino/x small business owners are the fastest growing group of entrepreneurs in the United States
- Latinas lead 44% of Latino/x small businesses that range from restaurants, online apparel shops, beauty and lifestyle products to financial services
- Latino/x-owned businesses contribute over $800 billion to the American economy every year
- These entrepreneurs are often unable to scale at the same rates in comparison to their non-Latino/x counterparts
- The COVID pandemic has made this discrepancy even larger
This is why we are so proud and excited to announce JEFA NATION, a contest to support Latina entrepreneurship launching on the third annual Support Latino Business Day, which is today: September 14, 2021.
In order to be eligible,...